CTA architecture + design is seeking an Administrative Assistant responsible for a wide variety of office duties in support of front-line administrative functions. The incumbent will deliver excellent customer service to all staff, clients, related businesses and outside Consultants. They will also be responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of Project Management tools.
- Greet and receive clients and other parties that arrive at this office and respond to all
telephone and in-person inquiries from clients, visitors and other parties and refer all inquiries
to the appropriate staff.
- Arrange mail and courier services, including sending and receiving drawings and documents to
clients, consultants, and municipalities.
- Attends association and company meetings, prepares agendas, arranges, and prepares
conference rooms. On occasion may be requested to draft and issue meeting minutes and
- Organize and maintain all electronic and hardcopy documentation, including important legal
contracts, agreements, and office-related documents that form a wide variety of
administrative, clerical, recordkeeping, bookkeeping, file review and supportive duties.
- Organize and prepare workstations for new staff including making requests for new
equipment such as computers, laptops, applications, desks, chairs, etc.
- Coordinate office activities such as continuing education, office events, and community
volunteer initiatives under the direction of the Senior Administrator or Architect.
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned.
- Create, maintain, and enhance various marketing materials, templates, and platforms for
business development purposes.
- Ensure physical and digital filing systems are maintained and current.
- Prepare travel schedules and book travel arrangements for staff as needed.
Project Coordination Assistance:
Assist with operational procedures for new projects:
- Complete new project form using information PMs provide.
- Assure billing information sheet is completed by PMs or clients.
- Assign new project numbers to new projects as per PMs request.
- Ensure the contract is uploaded to ERP Software.
- Assisting in resolving additional ERP software project-related requests from the Senior Office Administrator and accounting team.
Assist Architectural staff with preparing permit submission documents and applications.
- Submit permit applications to municipalities and authorities as needed. Check permit packages to confirm all documents required by the municipality are prepared.
- Assist Project Managers to inputting the project's goals, objectives, and scope and creates a project plan that outlines the tasks, timelines, and resources required utilizing Project
- Review proposal requests from various streams for potential new project work and promote opportunities with the project managers and/or proposal team.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Administrative experience or similar: 1 year +.
- Valid Driver’s License. (Mandatory)
- Proven success in office administration or similar.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Proficiency with office applications, and aptitude for learning new software and systems.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and open to change
- Able to work well with others
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Ability to implement and execute office procedures.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation Plan
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Beneficial tax savings with Company supported RSP
- Banked Overtime
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Work-life Balance
- Reward and Recognition Policies
- Monthly Social Events
Please note that we thank all applicants for their submissions, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted by CTA architecture + design or Bamboo on behalf of CTA architecture + design.
CTA offers me an environment of diverse backgrounds professionals which I believe add to our creativity, range of skills and cultural insights that eventually enriches our architecture. .