Architect, Intermediate Level
At CTA architecture + design, we believe that Architecture is the translation of an idea into space. We bring our professionalism, wisdom, and insight to deliver this idea on each of our projects. We know that the buildings we design have an impact not only on our visual landscape but also on our experiences with diverse backgrounds and cultures. We are a fast-growing firm that enables employees to enhance their experience through exciting and challenging projects. Our team benefits from continuous development opportunities that aim to nurture a career of longevity and diversity and create leaders as we continue to grow as a firm. Expanding across Canada, we’re creating a portfolio of work that exemplifies creative solutions that inspire while adding talented designers to our team. We are looking for talented and creative individuals for our Vancouver Office.
Architect at the Intermediate level is a person who works collaboratively with senior staff. You will promote the company’s design excellence, possess technical skills necessary to support project work and employ effective communication skills to potentially lead a multi-disciplinary project team. You will potentially serve as the primary contact for clients and consultants, communicating progress and status throughout the project from preliminary conception to completion, highlighting challenging issues and proposing appropriate solutions.
Working together with senior staff of the firm, your responsibilities would include:
- Conceptualize and design buildings and develop plans
- Develop design specifications, have consideration for building and construction materials, costs and construction schedules;
- Perform or coordinate space planning studies: programming documents, area calculations, code review
- Work with clients and municipalities
- Participate in re-zoning applications and present and respond to municipal design panels and councils
- Conduct or coordinate site supervision and contract administration for major projects
- Prepare or oversee construction drawings and specifications
- Proposal writing and presentations
The ideal candidate would have the following attributes:
- Be a registered Architect with the AIBC and have a degree in Architecture from a recognized institution
- 5+ years of experience in a consulting environment with Residential, Industrial, and Commercial Interiors projects
- Advanced knowledge of REVIT, Adobe Suite, and Sketch-Up. Knowledge of AutoCAD and Enscape is an asset.
- Proven experience in leading projects and groups while mentoring junior staff
What you’re looking for
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, continuous learning and growth and enjoying a collaborative work environment, we offer an attractive employee compensation package including:
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Health and dental benefits
- Beneficial tax savings with company supported RSP
- Banked overtime
- Professional development opportunities
- Work-life balance
- Reward and recognition policies
- Monthly social events
If you’re a serious applicant, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
CTA offers me an environment of a diverse group of professionals which I believe adds to our creativity, range of skills, and cultural insights that eventually enrich our architectural designs.
Error: Contact form not found.