Intermediate Architectural Technologist
CTA architecture + design is seeking an intermediate Architectural Technologist with 5+ years of experience in a broad range of typologies ranging from residential, industrial, commercial, and institutional.
At CTA architecture + Design, we believe that Architecture is the translation of an idea into space. We bring our professionalism, wisdom and insight to deliver this idea on each of our projects. We know that the buildings we design have an impact not only on our visual landscape but also on our experiences with diverse backgrounds and cultures. We are a fast-growing firm that enables employees to enhance their experience through exciting and challenging projects. Our team benefits from continuous development opportunities that aim to nurture a career of longevity and diversity and create leaders as we continue to grow as a firm. Expanding across Canada, we’re creating a portfolio work that exemplifies creative solutions that inspire while adding talented designers to our team.
- The Preparation of accurate working drawings in Revit and AutoCAD
- Coordination with consultants
- Marking up drawings and making corrections as needed; prioritizes work based on urgency
- Prepares and/or reviews are written project specifications
- Maintains company drafting standards, details and building guidelines
- Oversees smaller project development under guidance from the senior technologists
- Product research and offer recommendations on products to the design team
- Assist in performing both basic and detailed designs
- Research construction materials and methods for specific project applications; provides input on architectural details and solutions
- Communicates effectively with clients, consultants (structural/mechanical/electrical/civil/landscape) and colleagues to maintain the company's commitment to service
- Works with other internal departments, and/or external consultants, as required
- Ensures timely and accurate design and delivery of drawings
- Ensures the production of accurate, building details and drawing templates in compliance with applicable building codes and standards
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date filing of drawings and plans
- Post-secondary diploma in Architectural Technology from a recognized Institution. Proficient in AutoCAD/Revit, InDesign, Photoshop and PDF editing software.
- A minimum of five years of related experience in BC or a similar climate. Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures and has the capabilities to research and communicate clearly.
- Understands building construction and the value of effective technical documents. Knowledge of technical detailing, construction process, construction industry. Knowledge of specifications and construction documentation as well as:
- Service oriented; always seeking to add value
- Champions positive culture, Energetic and results-oriented
- Excellent multi-tasking, coordination, and organizational ability
- An effective communicator with strong listening, oral and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse team
- Reviews all documentation periodically to assure conformance with quality standards and program
- Directs the production of detailing buildings and construction documentation
- Knowledgeable with the BC Building Code
- Must have advanced Revit knowledge and experience
- Revit BIM coordination and model management for projects
- Experience with BIM360
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, continuous learning and growth and enjoying a collaborative work environment, we offer an attractive employee compensation package including:
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Health and dental benefits
- Beneficial tax savings with company supported RSP
- Banked overtime
- Professional development opportunities
- Work-life balance
- Reward and recognition policies
- Monthly social events
If you’re a serious applicant, please email your application to email@example.com
CTA offers me an environment of a diverse group of professionals which I believe adds to our creativity, range of skills, and cultural insights that eventually enrich our architectural designs.
Error: Contact form not found.