CTA Architecture + Design is seeking an Architect with 8+ years experience in a broad range of typologies ranging from residential, industrial, commercial, and institutional.
Working collaboratively with other staff, you will promote the company’s design excellence, possess the technical skills necessary to support project work and employ effective communication skills to potentially lead a multi-disciplinary project team. You will potentially serve as the primary contact for clients and consultants, communicating progress and status throughout the project from preliminary conception to completion, highlighting challenging issues and proposing appropriate solutions.
- The Preparation of accurate working drawings in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Marking up drawings and making corrections as needed; prioritizes work based on urgency
- Prepares and/or reviews written project specifications
- Draft proposals and contribute to business development, and be able to prepare presentations with Creative Suite or similar applications
- Maintain company drafting standards, details and building guidelines.
- Coordination with consultants and overseeing project development.
- Assist in performing both basic and detailed designs
- Research construction materials and methods for specific project application; provides input on architectural details and solutions
- Communicates effectively with clients, consultants (structural/mechanical/electrical/civil / landscape) and colleagues to maintain the company’s commitment to service.
- Works with other internal departments, and/or external consultants, as required
- Ensures timely and accurate design and delivery of drawings
- Ensures the production of accurate, building details and drawing templates in compliance with applicable building codes and standards.
- A professional degree in Architecture
- Registered with the Alberta Association of Architects
- A minimum of five years of related experience in Alberta or a similar climate.
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures and has the capabilities to research and communicate clearly.
- Understands building construction and the value of effective technical documents
- Knowledge of technical detailing, construction process, and construction industry
- Knowledge of specifications and construction documentation as well as:
- Service-oriented; always seeking to add value.
- Champions positive culture, Energetic and results-oriented.
- Excellent multi-tasking, coordination, and organizational abilities.
- An effective communicator with strong listening, oral and written skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse team.
- Reviews all documentation periodically to assure conformance with quality standards and program.
- Directs the production of detailing buildings and construction documentation.
- Knowledgeable with the AB Building Code.
- Must have advanced Revit knowledge and experience. Revit BIM coordination and model management for projects
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Health and dental benefits
- Beneficial tax savings with company-supported RSP
- Banked overtime
- Professional development opportunities
- Work-life balance
- Reward and recognition policies
- Monthly social events
CTA offers me an environment of diverse backgrounds professionals which I believe add to our creativity, range of skills and cultural insights that eventually enriches our architecture. .